The Unchained Stars
- Position: None yet
- Role: Unknown
- Species: Human
- Age: late 50s
- Sex: Male
- Physical: A man of a strong build, Phann has muscles from decades of hard manual work on a Thrinx oil skiff. He has the frame of someone who once had a bulky and powerful body but age has worn it down. Older age has wrinkled his face and grayed his hair.
- Family: Son is deceased. Two daughters live in the Core Worlds, he hasn’t seen them or his grandchildren in over a decade.
- Personality: Quiet and somber, with a weight behind his voice and hardness in his eyes. After Tecwaii he has become even more serious and withdrawn.
- Religion: Loosely follows the local religion of the Shepta, often called the Shepherd’s Church.
- Education: Three years in the School of Natural Resource of the Shepherd Academy of Tecwaii, studying herd management.
- Hobbies & Interests: A skilled worker of Thrinx leather, he often spends idle time crafting intricate pieces of practical leather.
- Relations: Most his friends are dead and family is scattered across the galaxy. Phann has little left.
Phann Maelix is an acquaintance of Hunn Gander who was connected by him to Goph. A former captain of a Thrinx Shepherd skiff, Phann’s entire crew was killed during the Massacre at Tecwaii.
Phann Maelix grew up on Ord Cestus, on the giant shepherd city of Thurl. His father was a skiff captain and he learned at a young age the ways of the Shepherds. He helped tend to a giant herd of Thrinx, cleaning off the bothersome gland-lice and keeping young Thrinx safe from predators. He later took over his father’s skiff and raised his own family. His eldest son enlisted in the Judicials of the Republic and his two daughters left to go to schooling in the Core Worlds. Phann remained on Thurl, living the hard simple life of a Shepherd. During the Clone Wars Phann’s wife worked in a Republic refinery, sending vital fuel to Republic ships. Thrinx oil was doubly valuable for the various starfleets and Phann worked long, hard hours. His son was killed in one of the Outer Rim Sieges and his wife could not handle the loss. She left the shepherd city but Phann remained. He still wrestles with the guilt of the choice at times.
Phann moved to Tecwaii to run a new skiff after his wife left near the end of the Clone Wars. During the Civil War of Cestus Phann joined the local Municipal Defense Brigade, a militia auxiliary, and helped keep Tecwaii safe during skirmishes on the northern continent. After the Civil War Phann spent some of his spare time supporting local Federalist League politicans and became the local steward of the Society of Shepherds. He was careful to run too much afoul of the Empire and Advent security forces but nonetheless quietly supported more dissident voices. This eventually led him to connect with a small group of operatives from a insurrectionist cell sponsored by the Rebel Alliance. He helped them connect with a cantina where resistance voices where often heard, setting in a series of events that resulted in the Tecwaii Massacre. Rescued by Zu’hast Rykarre, Phann joined the group and swore to aid them after all he knew was wiped out.